Immigration - Employee Residence
Get the proper immigration visa for you.
There are three cases to get a visa for work, which include standard work visa, green visa for work, and domestic worker visa. The standard work visa is issued for employees in government and private sectors. The green visa is issue for skilled employees for 5 years. The last type of visas is issued for domestic helpers.
The UAE’s Green visa is a type of residence visa, that allows its holder to sponsor himself/herself
for 5 years, eliminating the need for a UAE national or employer to sponsor his/her visa.
Who can apply for a Green visa?
1-Freelancers and/or self-employed people
Freelancers and/or self-employed people who wish to apply for a Green visa need to submit:
- Have a valid employment contract
- Be classified in the first, second or third occupational level as per Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation
- Hold a minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Have a salary of not less than AED 15,000 per month.
Standard work visa
A foreigner can get a normal employment visa, usually for two years, if he/she is:
- Employed in the private sector
- Employed in the government sector or a free zone
The Golden visa is a long-term residence visa which enables foreign talents to live, work or study in the UAE while enjoying exclusive benefits. Investors, entrepreneurs, scientists, outstanding students and graduates, humanitarian pioneers and frontline heroes are among those eligible for the Golden visa. Read about the requirements and benefits of the Golden visa and find digital services to apply for it.
The UAE’s ‘Golden visa’ is a long-term residence visa which enables foreign talents to live,
work or study in the UAE while enjoying exclusive benefits which include:
- The entry visa for six months with multiple entries to proceed with residence issuance
- Long-term, renewable residence visa valid for 5 or 10 years
- The privilege of not needing a sponsor
- The ability to stay outside the UAE for more than the usual period of six months in order to keep their residence visa valid
- The ability to sponsor their family members, including spouses and children regardless of their ages
- The ability to help an unlimited number of domestic helpers.
- The permit for family members to stay in the UAE until the end of their permit duration if the primary holder of the Golden visa passes away.